A senior living community like Southfield in Plainfield, IN is an excellent option for many seniors looking to make the transition to retirement. We’re ceratin our numerous amenities and services will not only meet all of your current needs but those that develop in the future.
What Is a Senior Living Community?
An independent senior living community is a retirement community for active seniors. At Southfield, we take care of all of the day-to-day chores and maintenance, allowing residents to pursue their desires in retirement. We differ from assisted living in that our residents do not require assistance or require little assistance. We offer a variety of floor plans for potential residents to choose from and in our photo gallery you can get a sense of what we offer. But perhaps the best way to get to know our community at Southfield is by contacting us at 855.947.3838 to schedule a tour and see for yourself.
Benefits of a Senior Living Community
As we age, social isolation can become a major issue. It’s very easy to allow oneself to become isolated and avoid socializing or even not be sure what the options are. Social contact is necessary to avoid mental health issues like depression. Even the most active seniors can find it difficult to remain social due to their living circumstances. Fortunately, Southfield has made a point of creating a vibrant and active community where residents engage with each other and take part in numerous activities.
Many seniors experience a noticeable sense of relief and relaxation when they move into an independent living situation. This is because we take concerns about housekeeping and home maintenance off their shoulders. Our dining services mean residents don’t need to worry about cooking for themselves every day, although we certainly encourage residents to keep cooking! The big difference is that now grocery shopping, cooking, tidying up your home, and gardening are now leisure activities. They become tasks residents can engage in to relax or to stay active.
Learn More About Southfield
In our Plainville, IN community, independent seniors can expect high-quality facilities. Alongside this, individuals will have access to some of the best senior living services available, such as:
- Activities: We plan daily activities and regularly schedule events to make each day unique. Also, we look to ensure there’s plenty to keep residents smiling. Interactive engagement opportunities with the team and your fellow residents not only keep your mind sharp but also foster good health. Coming to Southfield means residents can be as active or as independent as they choose to be.
- Transportation: Scheduled and available on-demand transportation to all the places necessary for you to stay well-provisioned and plugged in is provided. You won’t be cut off or have to worry about not being able to get out and see what you want.
- Health and wellness: Our modern fitness facility has just the right layout and equipment. Residents can make sure their body stays loose and healthy. More and more seniors have an active spirit, and so we make sure they have the resources they need to stay fit.
- Dining services: Our dining team produces three meals per day prepared from scratch for residents. This gives individuals the option to dine alongside their neighbors and take cooking off their list of chores for the day. Thus, residents get more free time to pursue their interests. The meals we create taste great and are healthy. Sharing a meal is more than just healthy eating; it’s about enjoying the company of friends and neighbors. We make dining a positive community experience.
- Housekeeping: We provide regular and as-requested help in maintaining your residence like a home. We are always ready to get your space prepared for visitors as well as keep your day-to-day needs met.
So reach out to us today at 855.947.3838 to learn more.