Knowing when to make the transition to senior citizen independent living can be a challenge. However, there are more options than ever before for active, independent seniors. At Southfield in Plainfield, IN, seniors will find a vibrant community that gives residents the opportunity to pursue their interests and hobbies in retirement.
Benefits of Senior Citizen Independent Living
There are several benefits to moving to a senior citizen independent living community like Southfield. For example, residents can look forward to:
- Maintenance-free living: One of the key advantages of a senior community is saying good-bye to yard work, snow removal, and home maintenance. These services are included in your monthly living fee as well as housekeeping.
- Streamlined expenses: Retirement requires individuals to know their finances and expense. However, at Southfield, we make it a point to help residents minimize their expenses. With so much provided at our community like dining, housekeeping, and even transportation, residents will discover plenty of value and savings.
- Amenities: Convenience can be priceless, but often residents want more. At Southfield, residents will find fitness classes, opportunities for adult education, regular community events, special activities, and resident-organized social groups.
- Making new friends: We pride ourselves at Southfield with having created a close-knit community that’s welcoming and engaged. You’ll find your neighbors have similar interests and are eager to get to know you.
How to Afford Independent Living
There are plenty of methods to make the transition to senior citizen independent living. Many potential residents may wonder how they will afford independent living. Fortunately, there are numerous paths individuals and their families can pursue. These include but are not limited to:
- Personal funds: Most seniors use their income and retirement savings to pay for independent living.
- Social Security benefits and pensions: Thanks to the years of work residents have done, Social Security retirement benefits and other types of pensions can help cover independent living expenses.
- Annuity payments or investments: An annuity is a type of insurance that is often used as part of a retirement-funding strategy. An initial investment in an annuity entitles the investor to some form of future payment, which can be scheduled on an annual, quarterly or monthly basis, or delivered as a lump sum.
- Housing assistance: The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) offers several different programs aimed at helping seniors find safe and affordable living arrangements.
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Seniors over age 65 and those who are disabled or have limited income and assets may be able to receive SSI benefits to help cover the costs of basic needs like food, clothing, and shelter.
All That Southfield Offers
At Southfield, we pride ourselves on the services we provide our residents. Among these are dining services that not only meet our residents’ nutritional needs but are also social occasions where delicious meals are shared, and community strengthened.
When active, independent seniors come to Plainfield, IN, they’ll find a vibrant community at Southfield. We offer numerous other services to make the lives of residents easier. For instance, we provide the following:
- Activities: We plan daily activities and regularly schedule events to make every day unique. Interactive engagement opportunities with the team and your fellow residents not only keep your mind sharp but also foster good health.
- Transportation: Scheduled and available on-demand transportation to all the places necessary for you to stay well-provisioned and plugged in is provided. You won’t be cut off or have to worry about not being able to get out and see what you want. We make it a point to provide you with the mobility you need and desire.
- Health and wellness: Our modern fitness facility has just the right layout and equipment. Residents can make sure their body stays loose and healthy. More and more seniors have an active spirit. Thus, we make sure you have the resources.
- Housekeeping: Our team provides regular and as-requested help in maintaining your residence like a home. We are always ready to get your space prepared for visitors in addition to keeping your day-to-day needs met.