More and more adults are deciding to move into independent, senior living communities than ever before. Senior living is no longer just about assisted living. Rather, thanks to the wide range of services, amenities, and opportunities to travel and learn in retirement, active older adults are discovering senior communities like Southfield are a great option. Southfield’s senior community in Plainfield, IN, is newly renovated and conveniently located, providing everything an active, independent senior needs to pursue their interests in retirement.
How to Tell if a Senior Community is Right for You
You may wonder what you should be looking for in a senior community. Perhaps the most important qualities to keep in mind are cost and how the community feels to you and your family. One of the best ways to get to know a senior living community is by taking a tour of it, meet with others living there, talk with the staff, and spend some time there to get a sense of whether it’s a good fit for you and your family. For example, when touring a community like Southfield’s, individuals should consider the following:
- Observe the level of cleanliness. Southfield offers comprehensive housekeeping services.
- Visit during an activity. Our community features frequent events and community group activities.
- Pay attention to staff friendliness. We make it a point at Southfield to get to know our residents to serve them the best we can.
- Visit the outdoor areas. Our community is newly renovated so the facilities you’ll explore will be fresh and top of the line.
- Eat a meal with us. Our dining services are superior and cater directly to residents’ desires and nutritional needs.
- Ask about security and safety questions.
- Ask about personal care. Our senior community in Plainfield, IN, can grow and accommodate the health needs of residents.
- Get feedback from residents. We encourage all residents, family, friends, and visitors to talk and get to know each other and what Southfield has to offer.
What to Expect at Our Senior Community in Plainfield, IN
When your senior parent comes to Southfield, they’ll find a vibrant and active community. We offer numerous services to make the lives of residents easier. For instance, we provide the following in conjunction with access to any health services residents may develop:
- Activities: We plan daily activities and regularly scheduled events to make every day unique.
- Transportation: Scheduled and available on-demand transportation to all the places necessary for you to stay well-provisioned, plugged in, and involved in the community at Southfield and outside it.
- Health and wellness: Our modern fitness facility has just the right space and equipment. Residents can make sure their bodies stay loose and healthy.
- Dining services: Sharing a meal is more than just healthy eating; it’s about enjoying the company of friends and neighbors. We make dining a positive community experience with three meals a day provided.
- Housekeeping: Regular and as-requested help in maintaining your residence like a home. We are always ready to prepare your space for visitors as well as keep your day-to-day needs met.
Discover What Southfield Has to Offer
Whether you’re an independent senior looking to make the transition into active, senior living, or someone looking to help a parent or loved one, you’ll find Southfield to be one of the best options available. When individuals come to Southfield in Plainsville, IN they know they are joining a vibrant community where they can get the most out of life thanks to our senior living amenities.
At Southfield, our courteous and respectful staff want to make residents as comfortable as possible but also as engaged in the community as they wish to be. This means providing options. Also, we encourage family members to get involved. Find out what we have to offer by reaching out to us at 855.947.3838.