Seniors who choose assisted living communities often need some degree of support with daily activities or have healthcare issues or conditions like Parkinson’s, dementia, or cancer. By contrast, independent living communities are made up of healthy, active seniors who benefit from the community’s amenities so they can live the lifestyle they desire during their retirement years.
Is an Independent Living Community Right for You?
Figuring out if senior independent living is the right choice for you can be a challenge. However, when you talk to your friends and family about it, you can better determine if it will meet your needs both now and in the future.
Many of us spend a lot of our time running errands and maintaining our home. This doesn’t go away in retirement. Yet, it can prove to be an obstacle to doing the things you want to do at this stage of your life. At Southfield, residents are freed of the burden of home maintenance and lawn care. This allows them to pursue their interests, explore new hobbies, travel, and spend more time with family.
Benefits of Senior Independent Living
Senior independent living at Southfield provides residents with the opportunity to make new friends, learn new skills, and enjoy hobbies. Humans as social creatures benefiting from interactions and activities with each other. This is especially true as we age. However, it can be a challenge to meet new people and get to know new faces. At Southfield, we’ve created the perfect setting to participate in as much of or as little of the activities we provide as you desire. With our staff taking over the burdens of home maintenance, lawn care, and even cooking, our residents are free to explore their interests. At Southfield, we look to make that easier for our residents through our numerous amenities.
Southfield: Independent Living in Plainfield, IN
At Southfield, independent seniors can expect to join a close-knit community with access to some of the best senior living services available, such as:
- Activities: We plan daily activities and regularly scheduled events to make each day unique. Also, we look to ensure there’s plenty to keep residents smiling. Interactive engagement opportunities with the team and your fellow residents not only keep your mind sharp but also foster good health. Coming to Southfield means residents can be as active or as independent as they choose to be.
- Transportation: Scheduled and available on-demand transportation to all the places necessary for you to stay well-provisioned and plugged in is provided. You won’t be cut off or have to worry about not being able to get out and see what you want.
- Health and wellness: Our modern fitness facility has just the right layout and equipment. Residents can make sure their body stays loose and healthy. More and more seniors have an active spirit, and so we make sure they have the resources they need to stay fit.
- Dining services: Our dining team produces three meals per day prepared from scratch for residents. This gives individuals the option to dine alongside their neighbors and take cooking off their list of chores for the day. Thus, residents get more free time to pursue their interests. The meals we create taste great and are healthy. Sharing a meal is more than just healthy eating; it’s about enjoying the company of friends and neighbors. We make dining a positive community experience.
- Housekeeping: We provide regular and as-requested help in maintaining your residence like a home. We are always ready to get your space prepared for visitors as well as keep your day-to-day needs met.
So reach out to us today at 855.947.3838 to learn more.