Summer temperatures are beginning to cool down, and pumpkin spice fills the air. It can be nice to walk around and enjoy the changing leaves, but when it starts getting too cold and rainy, you will want to fill your days with fun fall activities for seniors that can help keep you busy. At Southfield, you will find plenty of senior living activities to keep you entertained during inclement weather.
We are an independent senior living community designed for those who want the closeness of friends and peers, along with the activities and social events but still can maintain their independence. We have plenty of fun fall activities for seniors that can keep them engaged and socially active. If you are interested in learning more about our independent senior living community, call 855.947.3838 today to schedule a tour.
Five Activities for Seniors During the Fall Season
The fall season can be a fun time filled with preparing for holiday events and spending time with family and friends. Here are some fun activities for seniors to enjoy during the fall season:
- Nature Hikes: Getting out in nature while the leaves begin to change colors is a great way to spend some time gathering leaves for projects, taking a brisk walk, or enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
- Baking: Indulge your sweet tooth with baking cookies, pies, and other holiday favorites that your friends and family can enjoy. Gather some friends together and having a baking party where you can donate the extra treats to a local food bank or shelter. Or sell them at a Farmer’s Markets or other events and earn a tidy profit.
- Fall-Themed Puzzles: One way to keep your mind active during the fall season is by working on a fall-theme or holiday-themed puzzle. Try one of the newer 3D puzzles or find a large puzzle you and some friends can work on together.
- Making Holiday Decorations: Gather some art supplies and the leaves you picked while walking and make fun collages and holiday decorations for your family. You can earn some extra income online by selling the decorations you make. Or give them away as gifts to your friends and acquaintances.
- Halloween costumes: Halloween is fun for all ages, and you can help your grandkids make a fun costume. Or make one for yourself and throw a costume party with prizes for the best or most creative homemade costume.
At Southfield, our independent senior living community has plenty of fun fall activities for seniors to keep them busy when the days get shorter and colder.
Benefits of an Active Lifestyle for Seniors
Seniors who lead a physically and mentally active life have fewer cases of age-related illnesses that are common among seniors. By participating in these five fun fall activities, you are engaging your mind and body in more ways than you might think:
- Puzzles and making decorations are great for hand-eye coordination.
- Baking is a fun mental and physical activity that gives you a sweet reward for your efforts.
- Working on puzzles, costumes, and decorations with friends and family gives you the necessary social activities for a positive mental outlook.
- A great senior-friendly activity is a brisk walk in the cool fall air and bending over to pick up leaves for collages and other art projects.
Southfield: Fall Activities to Keep Seniors Mentally and Physically Active During the Fall Season
At Southfield, our independent senior living community wants to be your next home where you will be around your friends, peers, and supportive staff. Our private rooms are spacious and allow you to maintain your independence while enjoying the proximity to all of the amenities and senior activities you may miss out on while living alone.
If you are considering transitioning into a senior living community, call 855.947.3838 today to learn more about our community and all the fun fall activities for seniors we offer.